Essence Series windows offer seemingly endless design possibilities. The fiberglass exterior comes in 15 designer colors that fit any style or trend.
Interiors are available in clear grain vertical fir, natural pine or primed pine. Seal or stain the natural pine or fir to complement the wood finishes in your home. Or go with primed wood and paint the color of your choice.
Exterior Frame Color*
Interior Frame Color*
*Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly.
Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.
Dramatically increase your home’s curb appeal by being creative with virtually endless grid options. Select grid choices placed inside our insulated glass units for easiest window cleaning, or choose a traditional wood window look of Simulated Divided Lite (SDL) grids.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades – 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages maximize performance with innovative SunCoat®, SunCoatMAX®, EdgeGard™ or EdgeGardMAX™. (3D MAX availability is based on region.) Learn more >
- Enjoy peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty that includes parts and labor for as long as you own your home. Essence Series also comes standard with Glass Breakage Coverage.
- Elegant interiors with your choice of three wood options. Seal or stain our natural pine or fir to complement the wood finishes in your home. Or go with primed wood and paint the color of your choice.
- Tough fiberglass exterior frame and sash construction. Our own secure connecting system firmly joins the Essence Series wood interior to its fiberglass exterior for an aesthetically superior appearance with no unsightly nail holes or staples.
- Choose from a variety of traditional or contemporary grid options that provide nearly endless design flexibility.
- Essence Series windows have superior energy efficiency performance. They meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® requirements in all zones.
- For even higher performance, choose one of our 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages custom tailored to your geographic location. These packages include either our standard SunCoat® Low-E insulating glass or SunCoatMAX® which provides additional protection against harmful UV rays.
- Proprietary powder-coat process provides an extremely durable exterior coating that resists scratches and gouges. Choose from 15 exterior fiberglass colors – a palette carefully selected to complement both new and classic home styles.
- In the rare event water enters sash system; the HydroGard® water management system protects the wood interior by harmlessly draining water away through a hidden system of water channels and drainage holes.
- Standard charcoal fiberglass non-corrosive mesh screen. Optional extruded color-matched screen frame with internal corner keys and PureView® fiberglass mesh window screen (its smaller yarns and finer weave provide 15% more openness than standard screen for clearer views).
- Optional taller bottom rail matches traditional proportions and sight lines of the bottom sash of double hung windows for a coordinated appearance.
- This operating style is available in fixed models for use as a picture window.
Obscure – Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
Tinted – Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
Visit our showroom.
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.